The team was looking for making their sign up solutions more authenticated. They needed the profile picture of their users to have a human face in it rather than having an object. This solution needs to be a robust and a reusable solution for facial detections but also localization of a face in a given image.
Using a modular approach an API was developed which could be implemented out of the box. Powering the API was a machine learning model trained to detect the faces in an image and also localise it. Its solution goes deeper and identifies a number of faces and also localises each of the faces landmarks eyes nose ears and mouth separately.
Face Detection Uses
Sign up solution
- Checking if the user has uploaded a face or an object.
- Count the number of distinct faces in a given frame.
- Automatic door switches when a human comes near.
- Detecting the movement of the landmarks as they move
- Detecting if a human has appeared in an under surveillance area
- Any authentication process requiring a human face to be assured.